Laser dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures whilst minimising pain and recovery time. Some of the common procedures which can be assisted with laser dentistry include:
- Crown lengthening
- Gummy smile correction
- Muscle attachment removal
- Removal of benign tumours
- Treatment of cold sores
Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
Here are some of the major benefits associated with laser dentistry:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimises bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimised because the high-energy beam sterilises the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimised.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.